Sunday, May 25, 2008

I farked arp

Today I was teaching my students equivalent fractions visually using shapes. One student (let's call him Nigel) disrupted the class a few times by playing with the eraser, talking to his peers and not paying attention to anything I was saying. I asked Nigel to write his name on the board and talk to me after class (Apparentely this is the ultimate badass punishment, kids shudder at the thought of their name written on the board).



I built up my rage to tell Nigel off after class to ensure he doesn't fuck up my shit again. I mentally prepared everything I was going to say:

What did you do? [check]
Why did you do it? [check]
What behavioural value should you be implementing? [check]
Inevitable badass time-consuming Punishment [check]

The bell rang, I saw Nigel with his head hanging down at the ground hoping I wasn't going to work his kidneys with my powerful discipline. I asked him to tell me what he did wrong [He answered correctly]. I asked him why he took the time to disturb my lesson instead of paying attention [He told me]. I asked him what behavioural value he should have been using [He answered respect correctly]. In the middle of this I realised that maybe I shouldn't punish him with a write out. I mean sure he fucked up my lesson, but it's monday [I'm a nice guy and chicks love me], he can prove himself to be a more respectful student for the rest of the week. So I explained to him that I expect him to improve his behaviour and that I'll be watching him with my eagle eyes. I told him that I was going to rub his name off the board....except something terrible happened...I choked....My voice dropped a bit and I stopped mid-sentence at the WORST possible place.

"Now Nigel I'm going to rub you off [......a long 3 second pause........] the board"

Immediately I panicked and quickly paraphrased everything I had said before and dismissed him within 5-10 seconds. I was terrified and in hysterics at the same time. My teacher asked what was so funny....thankfully I was smart enough to tell her that I made a weird noise when I coughed when I disciplined Nigel....she bought it.

But I bet you the feds won't

1 comment:

Jeff said...

ATT: Samuel Donaldson
Memorandum from the Australian Federal Police

It has come to the bureau's attention that you have engaged in sexual misconduct with a minor. Please be aware that a full investigation will take place, and that your assets and bank accounts will be frozen for the duration of the inquiry.

Do not abscond. You are being monitored.